Sometimes it’s easier to define what is Not strategic planning vs. defining what it is and how we do it. Our first premise at MORF Consulting: Strategic planning is easy; strategic implementation is hard.
The four flaws in strategic planning implementation are:
- Skipping Rigorous Analysis
- Believing Strategy Can Be Built in a Day
- Failing to Link Strategic Planning with Strategic Execution
- Dodging Strategy Review Meetings
We at MORF Consulting work with the client to provide not only the facilitation and analysis required. We stay with you to help implement. Our strategy process is:
- Research and analysis (internal and external)
- Facilitation of strategy development
- Monthly meetings to develop an implementation plan
- Facilitating quarterly strategy review meetings
- Assisting with strategy adjustment
MORF Consulting Strategic Planning Process
The strategic planning process is the formulation of the company’s major objectives and execution plans. The three factors that play the main role in strategic planning are customer needs, competitive position, and internal capability.
A company’s strategic planning, in essence, describes how the company uses its resources to reach its objectives. These resources include financial, human, facilities and technology. The usage of resources drives the company’s strategic decisions.